The Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand (‘JFCCT‘) aims to protect your privacy when you visit www.jfcct.org.This Privacy Statement is designed to help you understand how JFCCT collects, uses and safeguards the personal information you may provide to us while using our web site.
How Information may be Collected
1. Browsing our web site. Personal information is not collected by JFCCT when you simply browse our web site. However, similar to most other commercial web sites, JFCCT utilises a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information, which we use to make your visit to our web site as smooth and seamless as possible.
2. Completing an online form (if any). While browsing our web site you may choose to fill in an online form which JFCCT may provide, in order to obtain further information, provide comments on our services or to make an on-line Event Booking. You will know that we are collecting this data because you enter it voluntarily onto our forms
3. Membership. As a JFCCT Member, if JFCCT provides a confidential members section, you are allowed to access the portion of our database containing your personal information and you will be able to update it as appropriate.
1. Online forms. The personal information voluntarily submitted by you via one of JFCCT’s online forms (if any) or feedback is used to process your request for information or comments on our services, for purposes such as correspondence and for use in processing your enquiry. Information you submit for an on-line Event Booking (if any) would assist with organising that event.
2. Membership. If the website supports such a facility, as a JFCCT Member, JFCCT may from time to time need access to your records to assist in the administration of your account, should such a web based tool be included. These records may contain personal information. We will not use any such information, except as first agreed by you or for the sole purpose of assisting in the administration of your account.
3. General. On occasions JFCCT may send you notices to inform you of new features, changes in our services, upcoming events or promotional offers. Other than as described above, JFCCT will not disclose personal information to third parties without first obtaining your express consent, unless such disclosure is required in order to (a) comply with the law or with due legal process; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of JFCCT and its Members. JFCCT’s web site may contain links to other organisations’ web sites. JFCCT cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies (if any) utilised by these organisations.
JFCCT uses all reasonable precautions to keep information disclosed to us secure. However, none of JFCCT, its officers or member chambers or officers of member chambers is responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of third parties that receive the information.