SMEs have a strategic and significant role in the economy - primarily the largest single grouping by way of a driving force for economic development in Thailand. By providing opportunities for entrepreneurship and innovation, identifying road blocks to success and advocating for changes, SMEs will foster greater participation in all sectors. In order to enable SME operators to compete effectively in the world market and to survive in International Trade, capacity building, global connectivity and business matching between Thai SMEs and their foreign counterparts can be promoted.
Missions / Objectives
To support SME development in Thailand, the committee can consider the following:
- Consult, review and make policy recommendations for the improvement of laws and regulations concerned with the SMEs.
- To evaluate and investigate SMEs issues to highlight areas for improvements
- Co-ordinate joint SME related efforts with chambers and organizations to share knowledge, experiences and resources including lessons learned
- Devise policy recommendations to address issues facing SMEs, including access to finance and other issues.
- To hold joint-consultative meetings on SME issues with OSMEP and relevant related agencies
- Support SME capacity building and promotional programs
- Consider joint trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences
- To collaborate with regional and international networks to bring an external perspective
- To consider what and how the committee can contribute to help build a sustainable SME eco-system