Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) have a strategic and significant role in the economy - potentially the largest single grouping by way of a driving force for economic development in Thailand.
SME issues cover a wide area where advances and improvement can be applied and whilst it is impossible to cover all issues affecting SMEs, the SME Committee can advocate and encourage policies and activities to build SME friendly policies and to promote entrepreneurship to help businesses scale up.
Missions / Objectives
To support SME development in Thailand, the committee can consider the following:
- Consult, review and make policy recommendations for the improvement of laws and regulations concerning SMEs.
- Evaluate and investigate SMEs issues to highlight areas for improvements
- Co-ordinate joint SME related efforts with chambers and organizations to share knowledge, experiences and resources including lessons learned
- DDevise policy recommendations to address issues facing SMEs, including access to finance and other issues.
- To hold joint-consultative meetings on SME issues with relevant and related agencies.
- Support SME capacity building and promotional programs.
- Consider joint trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- To collaborate with regional and international networks to bring an external perspective
- To collaborate with regional and international networks to bring in an external perspective with the best practices.